Chances are, you rent your water heater because, well, that’s what you’ve always done.
But in 2018, should you keep renting? Think about it:
- Every single month, you’re paying contract fees to a hot water company.
- Sometimes, those fees go up. Usually, without any warning.
- There’s no real end-date to your contract or payments.
More and more ABW Halton ClimateCare families are choosing to buy and outright own their water heater.
It’s not as complicated as you think. Nor is it pricey or expensive.
In fact, it’s quite easy and convenient with the CLARITY by ClimateCare program.
The biggest frustration with water heater rental costs is that monthly prices can fluctuate from month-to-month with no rhyme or reason.
That doesn’t happen when you purchase your water heater outright because:
- There’s no long-term, never-ending contract. Once your water heater is paid in full, your payments stop and it belongs to you.
- For the entire payment duration, your monthly cost will never go up.
Just imagine setting the household budget knowing the monthly cost for your tankless water heater is set in stone.
- No estimating or guessing.
- No being taken by surprise.
- No worrying how much your next payment will be.
As a homeowner, you want to make life as easy as possible. At the same time, you want to keep more of your hard-earned money.
CLARITY by ClimateCare allows you to do just that.
Other advantages to water heater ownership
When it comes to renting vs. owning your water heater, there are significant benefits owners enjoy that renters do not:
- Regular maintenance: When was the last time the water heater rental company checked on the condition of your unit? Ownership also comes with ongoing water heater maintenance.
- Selection: Choose the water heater that’s right for you. You can go with a traditional tanked model, or install a new, super-efficient tankless water heater. The choice is yours.
- Pay on your terms: Easy monthly payments? Looking for financing? Want to pay off your water heater at once? With ownership, you pay your way.
- Proactive safety: Scheduled maintenance visits can identify small trouble spots (i.e. misaligned pilot light, gas line leaks) and fixes them before they turn into big problems.
- Save money: Depending on water heater size and payment terms, you can save over $2,600 when you own your water heater vs. paying perpetual rental fees.
- Increase home value: Homes with paid-in-full water heaters as opposed to transferable rental contracts are very desirable and could fetch you more money should you decide to sell.
Looking for a new water heater? It’s better to own
- When the monthly bill comes.
- When it needs repairs or maintenance.
- When it’s time to replace it.
And if you currently rent your unit, all those instances listed above are frustrating and costly.
With ownership, they’re not, and that’s because:
- Your monthly bill is the same until it’s paid in full, then it drops to $0.
- Maintenance is part of your agreement.
- A new water heater can last up to 15 years or more.
More homeowners in Hamilton, Burlington, and Oakville are making the switch to water heater ownership.
If you want to do the same, here’s how you can start:
- Learn more about One Payment. No Worries. from CLARITY by ClimateCare.
- View our hot water solutions.
- Contact us with your questions or comments.